Friday 27 March 2009

Sunset Way Dinner

Hi gals, I have ventured to Sunset Way for dinner today.

Took bus 61 from Holland V to this tiny fine-dining enclave tucked away among HDB blocks along Clementi St 12.


One interesting observation to note is a cluster of jackfruit trees found near the basketball court there. Something I never find at my estate...

There are many mini restaurants to choose from. Japanese, seafood, yuan-yang steamboat, Thai, western. I had my eyes on the western Grill-Out place.



Many other bloggers have been there, tasted that.

I intended to try the Kurobuta (black hog) and Kobe beef steak. Tad pricey. We settled for mussels with wild garlic, a yellowtail cheek with wasabi and kurobuta patty instead.

Before the main dish is served, we got a portion of salad. Usually, I'd be thrilled with a healthy spread of greens. Unfortunately, the lettuce was rather soggy. Not crunchy. Depressing. However, there was surprise in it. Raisins and corn were added, giving sweetness and redeemed the salad.

Next was the mussels. Loved it!


Here's Gavin's fist-sized pork patty. Meat's good. With potatoes, asparagus and wild herbs. Sauce goes well with the patty. Just that the portion could be less stingy. Maybe change it into a hamburger? Reminds me of 'Oh Carol' at Biopolis...
My yellowtail cheek was delicious. Fresh fish - cos the flesh's snow-white. Seared on the skin while the flesh is soft and tender. I didn't like the tough and slightly bitter skin (a little charred). The mild wasabi kills the fishy-ness of the dish.


We ate till the late evening. Cosy ambience was created with the lighted tea-lights and coloured lightings.

Good place for a quiet dinner with warm and prompt service (they do charge 10% service and 7% GST in the bill).

Folks around the block do like to walk their prized dogs in the evening. Fingers-crossed that a humongous golden retriever does not sit snugly behind you... yikes!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The dinner sounds lovely, and ooh I would've loved to have a lab or golden retriever by my side for dinner!