Sunday 21 February 2010

A few more photos of Sandee Chan @ Autograph Session






I think the moment she stepped out, I was mesmerized by her height and long limbs.

She looks like the pretty version of Hong Kong comedian Sandra 吴君如 and her cool mannerism was more like the late Anita Mui.

She speaks really well and i like her accent. A tinge of Beijing proper Chinese, unlike the Taiwanese ka-waii Chinese. Her mellow voice was easy on my ears. Her singing style is quite interesting with overlapping 'real' voice and 'airy' voice, sprinkled with some '哭腔'.

The upbeat tempo was good for the concert mood. I was tapping in sync for most of her fast-paced songs that evening.

The whole showcase reminded me of a scene from old Shanghai (in the 80s maybe?), those kind of stage performances. The band behind her while she takes the limelight, singing, swaying to the mood of the song, holding on to the mike-stand with her arm extended and definitely sultry.

I didn't know of her before 7.30pm.
After 9.30pm, I was impressed with her songwriting talent, strong vocals and Sandee Chan style.

1 comment:

womendeblog said...

Hm, didn't see the Wu Junru resemblance Sunday, but now that you mention it...ya definitely a prettier version haha. Omg your handphone really does take better photos than my digicam. Argh need a new camera.