Wednesday 10 February 2010

Brotzeit dinner (and caterpillar)

I had to try hard not to scream this morning. Very hard. Because how do you not scream when there's a blue-brown-yellow CATERPILLAR CRAWLING UP THE LEG OF YOUR PANTS?!

Here's the inch-long scream-inducer clinging to my pullover (no, repeatedly swinging a ballpoint pen at it does not work):


In the end had to bag up my entire pulloever for the entire MRT ride (till I got off and found a suitably empty space where I could smack the pullover against the ground like a lunatic until the little sucker fell off and left me in peace):



Ahem. On to main topic of post now.

Had a very pleasant dinner at Brotzeit (2nd German meal in 2 weeks' time, by un-planned coincidence), Raffles City. It's late and nearing my bed time now, so this will be a pictures only post.

For the main course, cousin and I shared the wild mushroom soup with bread dumplings, and currywurst:





Both were yummy, or lecker, as the Germans would say. Though the sausage costs like 4 times more what you'd get from the street-side carts in Germany. Well, still cheaper than the air ticket it'd take to get there.

Lecker-er were the desserts, apple strudel for cuz and warm chocolate cake (but of course) for me:





Think my stomach's still trying to digest the sausage and cake.

No comments: